B2301 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B2301 Code failures by brands
B2301 CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP, RAM: WIPER MODE SWITCH INPUT CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code B2301
Windscreen wipers are a factor of safety and control of the vehicle. These components are made in the form of movable arms that have rubber elements at the ends. Their function is to initiate a wiping process. Each end of the arm is connected by a hinge to the rods, which allows the coupling and ensures a synchronized movement. The wiper system is activated by a geared motor which is powered by a relay.
The B2301 OBD2 fault code is set when the instrument cluster detects a lower than the expected voltage on the input circuit of the Wiper Mode Switch.
Symptoms of fault code B2301
- Check Engine light ON.
- Erratic wiper operation.
Causes of OBD2 B2301
The B2301 OBDII diagnostic code is stored due to the following reasons:
- The wiring or circuit connectors of the Multifunction Switch may be faulty.
- The Electrical connections of the Multifunction Switch may be in poor condition.
- The Multifunction Switch may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B2301
To troubleshoot DTC B2301 OBD2, try this:
- First, consult the Service Bulletins.
- Check the wiring in the Multifunction Switch circuit and make sure it is in good condition. If you discover damage due to burning or wear, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Check the Multifunction Switch circuit connections for deficiencies caused by bent pins or corroded connector terminals, and conditions that produce insufficient voltages. Repair if necessary.
- Check the Multifunction Switch for some damage following the manufacturer's diagnostic steps. If after performing these tests there are still shortages, make the appropriate corrections.