B2300 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B2300 Code failures by brands
B2300 - DRIVER'S SEAT MEMORY POSITION ERROR
Description of DTC code B2300
Memory seats are used to allow the seating positions to be stored and quickly recalled. Included in this same system are options to adjust the outside mirrors, driver's seat exit position, and steering column. Each memory position is associated with a remote key that allows automatic memory recall, although positions can also be recalled manually.
From the BCM (Body Control Module) various checks are performed on the driver's seat memory position sensor. If a fault is detected after these tests, the DTC B2300 OBDII code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code B2300
- Check Engine light comes on.
- Difficulty adjusting the seat to the required position.
Causes of OBD2 B2300
The B2300 OBD2 diagnostic code is stored by the following:
- The Seat Driver Memory Position Sensor circuit may have wires in poor condition.
- The Seat Driver Memory Position Sensor electrical connections may have deficiencies that cause the malfunction.
- The Seat Driver Memory Position Sensor could be defective.
- The Body Control Module may have been damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B2300
In order to fix the B2300 OBDII fault code you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the wiring of the Driver's Seat Memory Position Sensor and verify that they do not present common deficiencies due to burns or wear. Correct as necessary.
- Verify that the Driver's Seat Memory Position Sensor voltages are within the range indicated by the manufacturer's specifications. If you discover a deficient voltage, proceed with repairs.
- Following the manufacturer's recommendations, check the condition of the Driver's Seat Memory Position Sensor. If after performing these tests you detect damage to the sensor, consider replacing it.