B2200 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code B2200 Generic
The B-CAN (Body Controller Area Network) and F-CAN (Fast Controller Area Network) networks share information between various ECU (Electronic Control Unit). The B-CAN communication moves at a speed of 33.33kbps for comfort-related items and other functions. The F-CAN information moves at a faster rate (500 kbps) for real-time functions such as emissions and fuel data. In order for the two systems to share information, the Meter Control Module translates the information between the two networks, it is a process known as a gateway.
The MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) has several activations and sleep functions that reduce battery consumption when the power switch is set to 0 or LOCK. In case the MICU detects a communication bus line error with other control units, the diagnostic code B2200 OBDII will be set.
Symptoms of fault code B2200 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
Causes of OBD2 B2200 Generic
The B2200 OBD2 fault code is set for one of the following reasons:
- Cables or connectors of the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit may be damaged.
- The electrical connections of the MICU may be faulty, resulting in a short circuit.
- The Multiplex Integrated Control Unit may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B2200 Generic
To troubleshoot DTC B2200 OBDII, you must do this:
- First, consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check all the cables associated with the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit for common damage. If you discover corrosion or wear on one of these components, make repairs.
- Make electrical tests on the MICU circuitry to check for deficiencies. If the actual values differ from those specified, make corrections as required.
- Check the condition of the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit. Please, note that this is a complex procedure, so we recommend that you visit an advanced automotive center.