B2110 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B2110 Code failures by brands
B2110 INFINITI, NISSAN: PNP/CLUTCH INTERLOCK SWITCH
Description of DTC code B2110
The Engine Room (E/R) IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) has the function of checking the shift position using the signals from the Park/Neutral Position Switch (PNP) for A/T models, Clutch Interlock Switch for M/T models, and shift position signal from the Body Control Module (BCM).
When diagnostic code B2110 OBD2 is set it is because the IPDM E/R encountered a mistuning within the signals below for 1 second or more: Clutch Interlock Switch (M/T models) and PNP Switch input signal (A/T models).
Symptoms of fault code B2110
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B2110
B2110 OBDII fault code is stored by the following:
- Clutch Interlock Switch (M/T models) or Park/Neutral Position Switch (A/T models) wires or connections may be faulty.
- The Clutch Interlock Switch may be defective.
- The Park/Neutral Position Switch (PNP) could be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B2110
To troubleshoot DTC B2110 OBD2 you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- With an automotive scanner, you should check if additional DTCs to B2110 are stored, which indicates problems with the switches related to this code. If so, diagnose them first.
- Check the wiring related to the Clutch Interlock Switch and Park/Neutral Position Switch. Look for damage caused by wear or burns. Repair it as necessary.
- Using the appropriate tools you should check that the Clutch Interlock Switch or Park/Neutral Switch circuit is functioning correctly. If you detect out-of-range voltages, check for poor electrical connections. Repair it as appropriate.