B1913 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code B1913 Generic
To control the R/H mirror, press the direction switch (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT) with IG ON once the R/H mirror is selected using the main power window switch.
The DTC B1913 OBDII code is set on Hyundai and KIA vehicles when the following conditions are met: the ADM (Assist Door Module) detects that the shift value at the assist mirror position is less than 0.1 V for 5 seconds and the desired position is not obtained. In other cases, the code is also set when there is a 0.25 V output or more in the opposite direction, while the mirror assist rotates in one direction. On the other hand, the code is also set when there is no motion signal from the Positioning Sensor on the auxiliary mirror.
Symptoms of fault code B1913 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
Causes of OBD2 B1913 Generic
The B1913 OBD2 diagnostic code is stored for one of the following reasons:
- Wires from the right vertical motor of the outside mirror may be damaged.
- The right vertical motor of the outside mirror may be faulty.
- The mirror position sensor may be in poor condition.
- The ADM (Assist Door Module) may have problems.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1913 Generic
Steps to solve the B1913 OBDII fault code:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check all the cables of the right vertical motor of the exterior mirror, and try to find some common damage. If you find any shortages, make the appropriate repairs.
- Check the condition of the connections of the right vertical motor circuit of the exterior mirror. Look for damage due to corrosion or wear. Repair if necessary.
- Check the good condition of the right vertical motor of the outside mirror and the mirror position sensor. For this diagnosis, you should follow the guidelines given by the manufacturer. Before replacing one of these components, check the proper functioning of the electrical circuits.