B1826 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1826 Code failures by brands
B1826 BUICK, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC: SEAT RECLINE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code B1826
The Seat Recline Position Sensor connects to the directional motor of the seat it monitors. This device receives a 5-volt reference and is additionally provided with a low reference from the MSM (Memory Seat Module)/DPM (Driver Position Module). In response, the sensor provides a voltage that changes with seat movement via the sensor signal circuit to the MSM/DPM, which determines the seat position based on that information.
The Diagnostic code B1826 OBDII is stored in Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC vehicles when a performance problem is detected in the Seat Recline Position Sensor circuit.
Symptoms of fault code B1826
- The Check Engine light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 B1826
Reasons for setting the B1826 OBD2 fault code:
- The Seat Recline Position Sensor wiring may be damaged.
- The Seat Recline Position Sensor circuitry may be faulty in its connections, which causes the performance problem.
- The Seat Recline Position Sensor may be faulty.
- The MSM or DPM could be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1826
To troubleshoot DTC B1826 OBDII, try this:
- First, consult the Service Bulletins.
- Check all the components of the Seat Recline Position Sensor electrical circuit. If common damage is discovered, make repairs as necessary.
- Perform electrical tests to the Seat Recline Position Sensor circuit to verify that the voltages of the Seat Recline Position Sensor match those indicated by the manufacturer in their specifications. If inconsistencies are detected, make some corrections.
- Check the good condition of the Seat Recline Position Sensor taking into account the recommendations given by the manufacturer. In case of damage, consider replacing it.