B1806 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1806 Code failures by brands
B1806 SCION, TOYOTA, LEXUS: FRONT PASSENGER SIDE SQUIB OPEN CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code B1806
The front passenger side front squib circuit includes the center airbag sensor assembly and the front passenger airbag assembly. This circuit is responsible for providing the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) with signals indicating when the system needs to deploy, taking into account conditions.
When the DTC B1806 OBDII code is set on Toyota, Scion, and Lexus vehicles, it is because an open circuit was found in the passenger side front squib.
Symptoms of fault code B1806
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- The airbag malfunction warning light illuminates.
Causes of OBD2 B1806
B1806 OBDII diagnostic code is set by the following:
- Instrument panel wiring may have been damaged.
- Front passenger airbag assembly wiring may have deficiencies.
- Front Passenger Airbag assembly electrical connections may be in poor condition.
- Front Passenger Airbag assembly (Front Passenger Side Stabilizer) could be defective.
- Possibly the Center Airbag Sensor assembly has been damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1806
To correct the B1806 OBD2 fault code you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins as a first step.
- Inspect the wiring related to the front passenger airbag assembly and the instrument panel. Look for any such damage caused by burns or corrosion. If any of these conditions are found, make repairs.
- Check that the electrical connections in the front passenger airbag assembly circuit are in good condition for proper performance. Repair or replace if the damage is discovered that causes the circuit to be open.
- Verify that the center airbag sensor is not in poor condition. For these tests, follow the manufacturer's diagnostic steps and if you determine that it is damaged, consider replacing it.