B1801 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1801 Code failures by brands
B1801 LEXUS, SCION, TOYOTA: OPEN IN DRIVER'S SIDE SQUIB CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code B1801
The driver's side squib circuit is composed of the center airbag sensor assembly, the coiled cable, and the steering pad. This circuit is responsible for providing signals to the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) to perform deployment once some conditions are met.
DTC B1801 OBDII code for Lexus, Scion, and Toyota vehicles is related to a malfunction of the driver's side squib circuit, specifically indicating that the error is due to an open circuit.
Symptoms of fault code B1801
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B1801
The B1801 OBD2 fault code is set for one of these reasons:
- Spiral cable or instrument panel wires may be damaged.
- The Steering Pad (driver's side Squib) may be defective.
- The center airbag sensor assembly may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1801
To troubleshoot the B1801 OBDII diagnostic code, you can do this:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the condition of the spiral cable and instrument panel wires. Look for damage caused by burns or wear and tear. If such conditions are found, make adjustments as required.
- Make voltage tests on the circuits involved in this code. Look for poor or bad connections causing the open circuit. Correct if required.
- Following the manufacturer's recommendations, diagnose the center airbag sensor assembly and the steering pad (driver's side squib). If you find damage to any of these components, make the appropriate corrections.