B1669 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1669 Code failures by brands
B1669 FORD, LINCOLN, MERCURY: MIRROR PASSENGER UP/DOWN ENGINE STALLED
Description of DTC code B1669
Rearview mirrors provide a vision of other vehicles to the side and help to avoid actions that may cause an accident. These devices belong to a safety system, so they must always be in optimal conditions to ensure a clear and calibrated vision.
The design of the rearview mirrors has changed over the years. Nowadays, mirrors are equipped with many electrical components that give greater comfort to the user. One of these changes has to do with the system that adjusts the mirror, which allows people to change the position of the glass and adapt to the range of vision for the driver. To perform these functions is used a button that you may find on the control knob of the driver's door.
The DSM (Driver's Seat Module) monitors the passenger's mirror up/down motor. If after performing one of these checks it is detected that the motor is stuck, the OBDII fault code B1669 will be set.
Symptoms of fault code B1669
- Engine light ON (Check Engine).
- The passenger mirror cannot be controlled.
Causes of OBD2 B1669
Reasons to set the B1669 OBD2 diagnostic code B1669:
- The wiring or electrical connections to the passenger mirror up/down motor could be damaged.
- The mirror up/down motor may be faulty.
- The Driver Seat Module may have shortcomings.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1669
To troubleshoot the DTC B1669 OBDII, follow these steps:
- Check the passenger mirror lift/lower motor cables and check for wear or burnt wires. Repair or replace if necessary.
- Check the integrity of the connections of the passenger's mirror up/down motor. For this diagnosis, follow the recommendations set by the manufacturer in their specifications. Make any necessary corrections.