B1660 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1660 Code failures by brands
B1660 SCION, TOYOTA, LEXUS: PASSENGER AIRBAG ON/OFF INDICATOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code B1660
The Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator circuit is composed by the center airbag sensor and heater control panel. This circuit shows the operating condition of the front passenger airbag and passenger side seat belt pretensioner.
The B1660 OBD2 diagnostic code is set on Lexus, Toyota, and Scion vehicles because a fault was detected in the Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator circuit.
Symptoms of fault code B1660
- Check Engine light ON.
- Airbag warning lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B1660
Reasons why the B1660 OBDII fault code B1660 is set:
- The Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator light circuit wires or connectors may be damaged.
- The Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator light circuit electrical connections may be in poor condition.
- The Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator light may be faulty.
- The central airbag sensor may be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1660
Steps to follow to correct DTC B1660 OBD2:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator light circuit wires. Check them for deficiencies caused by burns or wear. Repair if necessary.
- Use the appropriate tools and verify the voltages of the Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator light circuit are within the allowed parameters. If deficient voltages are found, check the condition of the circuit connections. Fix if necessary.
- Check the Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator light is not defective. If you detect damage to the light, consider replacing it.