B1650 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code B1650 Generic
The Occupant Classification System has a control circuit, which is composed of the Air Bag Sensor Assembly Center and the system itself. Only when the Air Bag Sensor Assembly Center gets signals from the Occupant Classification ECU, it controls if it may or not operate the passenger airbag assembly and the front seat airbag assembly sight.
When the diagnostic code B1650 OBD2 is set, it is because an erratic operation was detected in the Occupant Classification System.
Symptoms of fault code B1650 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
- Airbag warning light ON.
Causes of OBD2 B1650 Generic
The B1650 OBDII fault code B1650 is established for the following reasons:
- Right front seat circuit wires may be in poor condition.
- The electrical connections of the center airbag sensor may be damaged.
- The occupant classification system may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1650 Generic
The steps to troubleshoot DTC B1650 OBD2 are as follows:
- First, consult TSBs as the first step.
- Check if there are additional error codes set in addition to the B1650. In this case, follow the order shown to diagnose them, especially if you find failures related to the BCM.
- Check the wiring related to the right front seat circuit and the center airbag sensor. Look for deficiencies due to burns or wear. Repair as necessary.
- Check that there is no short or open circuit in the central sensor circuit of the airbags. Take into account the manufacturer's recommendations, and if you discover deficiencies, make the appropriate adjustments.