B1648 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1648 Code failures by brands
B1648 LEXUS, SCION, TOYOTA: SIDE SATELLITE SENSOR BUS LEFT INITIALIZATION INCOMPLETE
Description of DTC code B1648
The Left Side (LH) Collision Sensor circuit is used to initiate the deployment of the LH Front Seat Side Airbag Assembly and the LH Curtain Airbag Assembly. This circuit is comprised of the Center Airbag Sensor assembly, the LH Side Airbag Sensor assembly, and the LH Rear Airbag Sensor assembly. They detect vehicle impact and provide signals to the Center Airbag Sensor assembly to determine if the airbags need to be deployed.
The diagnostic code B1648 OBII on Lexus, Scion, Toyota vehicles, is set when a fault is detected in the LH Side Collision Sensor circuit. This is a condition that prevents the sensor from initiating.
Symptoms of fault code B1648
- Check Engine light ON.
- Airbag warning lamp ON.
Causes of OBD2 B1648
The B1648 OBD2 fault code B1648 is stored for the following reasons:
- Central airbag sensor assembly circuit wires may be in poor condition.
- Electrical connections of the center airbag sensor assembly could have damage, causing an open or shorted circuit.
- The center airbag sensor assembly may be faulty.
- The Left Side Airbag Sensor or Left Rear Airbag Sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1648
To resolve DTC B1648 OBDII, try this:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check for burnt or worn wires in the center airbag sensor assembly circuit. If you discover one of these situations, make the appropriate repairs or changes.
- Read the circuit voltages of the center airbag sensor assembly to verify that they are within the proper parameters. If you discover deficient voltages, verify that they are not caused by poor connections. Fix if necessary.
- Check the condition of the center airbag sensor, the left side airbag sensor, and the left rear airbag sensor. Take into account the manufacturer's recommendations and make any necessary corrections.