B1644 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1644 Code failures by brands
B1644 RAM, JEEP, DODGE, CHRYSLER: LEFT REAR SWING CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
Description of DTC code B1644
Automobiles are equipped with turn signals, which indicate which direction the car can turn (left or right). As part of a safety system, they produce a flashing light at the front and rear of the car, thus alerting pedestrians and drivers of other vehicles.
TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) constantly tests the circuits of the turn signals to ensure that they are performing correctly. If in one of these tests it is detected that the circuit for the left rear turn signal has voltages that exceed the allowed limit, the fault code B1644 OBDII will be stored.
Symptoms of fault code B1644
- Check Engine lamp is on.
Causes of OBD2 B1644
B1644 OBD2 diagnostic code is set by the following:
- The left rear turn signal lamp circuit wiring could be faulty.
- Electrical connections for the left rear turn signal lamp circuit may be damaged.
- The left rear turn lamp may be in poor condition.
- Total Integrated Power Module may have deficiencies.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1644
In order to correct the DTC B1644 OBDII code consider the following:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Verify that the left rear turn lamp circuit has no damage to its wiring. Look for conditions created by wear or burns. Repair or replace as applicable.
- Measure left rear turn signal lamp circuit voltages and compare these values to those indicated in the service manual. Taking into account the conditions indicated by the code (high circuit), pay attention to the condition of the connections. If obvious deficiencies are found, proceed with the appropriate adjustments.