B1642 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1642 Code failures by brands
B1642 TOYOTA, SCION, LEXUS: LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SIDE SATELLITE SENSOR BUS RIGHT
Description of DTC code B1642
The Right Side Collision Sensor circuit (RH) is used to determine if deployment of the Front Airbag and the Right Curtain Shield Airbag assembly is required. It is made up of the Center Airbag Sensor assembly, the Right Airbag Sensor and the Right Rear Airbag sensor.
The function of the Right Airbag Sensor and the Right Rear Airbag Sensor is to detect impacts that the car may have and consequently provide signals to the Center Airbag Sensor assembly to check if Airbag activation is necessary.
When the B1642 OBD2 fault code is stored, it means that a communication problem has occurred on the part of the Right Side Satellite Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code B1642
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- The Airbag warning lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B1642
The reasons for storing the B1642 OBDII diagnostic code are:
- The center Airbag Sensor wires or connections may have been damaged.
- The center Airbag Sensor assembly may have deficiencies.
- The right Airbag Sensor may be damaged.
- The right Rear Airbag Sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1642
To troubleshoot DTC B1642 OBD2 code, consider the following advices:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect the wires of the center Airbag Sensor circuit and verify that they do not present deficiencies due to wear or burns. If one of these conditions is discovered, proceed with the appropriate adjustments.
- Check the integrity of the center Airbag Sensor circuit connections. Look for any damage to the connectors or deficiencies caused by corrosion. Correct it as applicable.
- Verify the condition of the center Airbag Sensor, right Airbag Sensor, and right rear Airbag Sensor. For these diagnostics, it is essential to follow the manufacturer's recommendations. If you discover deficiencies in any of these, proceed with the appropriate adjustments.