B1640 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code B1640 Generic
The Body Control Module (BCM) gets a message from the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) communication network to request the illumination of the turn signal light. Once the bus gets this message, the pulsed voltage output is supplied by the BCM via the front turn signal control circuit.
The front turn control circuit is connected to the dual filament turn signal and parking lamp. The turn and park signal filaments use the same ground circuit in a dual filament lamp.
When the B1640 OBD2 fault code B1640 is set, it means that the front swing control circuit has experienced an open circuit.
Symptoms of fault code B1640 Generic
- The Check Engine light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 B1640 Generic
Reasons why the B1640 OBDII diagnostic code is set:
- The right front turn signal circuit wiring may be damaged.
- The electrical connections of the right front turn signal circuit may be faulty.
- The right front parking and turn signal bulb may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1640 Generic
To troubleshoot DTC B1640 OBD2, try this:
- First, consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the wires related to the right front turn signal circuit. Check them for burn or wear damage. Repair if necessary.
- Check the right front turn signal circuit connections for deficiencies that could cause the circuit to malfunction. If you detect loose or corroded connectors, make the right adjustments.
- Check the condition of the right front turn signal and parking light bulb. If you determine that it is burned out, you should replace it.