B1635 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1635 Code failures by brands
B1635 SCION, LEXUS, TOYOTA: FRONT PASSENGER SIDE REAR AIRBAG SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code B1635
The Right Rear (RH) Airbag Sensor is a two-piece electronic device that includes diagnostic circuitry as well as the Side Deceleration Sensor. When signals are sent to the RH Airbag Sensor from the Side Deceleration Sensor, it determines if activation of the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) is necessary.
Storing diagnostic code B1635 OBDII means that a fault was detected in the Right Rear Airbag Sensor circuit.
Symptoms of fault code B1635
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Airbag warning light ON.
Causes of OBD2 B1635
The OBD2 fault code B1635 is set due to the following reasons:
- The Right Rear Airbag Sensor harness may be faulty.
- The Rear Airbag Sensor Right (RH) circuit may have damage to one of its connections.
- The Right Rear Airbag Sensor or Center Airbag Sensor may be bad.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1635
To troubleshoot DTC B1635 OBDII, follow these steps:
- Check the Rear Airbag Sensor Right circuit wiring and connections. Check these electrical components for common damage caused by wear, corrosion, or burns. Also, check the circuit voltages to make sure they are within specification ranges. If you find some deficiencies, make repairs.
- Check the integrity of the Right Rear Airbag Sensor by following the guidelines in the vehicle's information source. If you determine that the sensor is faulty, replace it.