B1613 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1613 Code failures by brands
B1613 LEXUS, SCION, TOYOTA: FRONT AIRBAG SENSOR RIGHT INITIALIZATION INCOMPLETE
Description of DTC code B1613
The right front airbag sensor circuit is included in the same assembly as the center airbag sensor. This sensor is designed to detect impacts on the car. This device provides signals to the center airbag sensor to determine if airbag deployment is necessary.
For Toyota, Scion, and Lexus vehicles, the B1613 OBDII fault code refers to a failure of the Right Front Airbag Sensor. It is set when the sensor has faults in its circuitry that prevent it from initializing.
Symptoms of fault code B1613
- Check Engine light ON.
- The airbag malfunction warning light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 B1613
The reasons why the DTC B1613 OBD2 code is set are:
- The Right front airbag sensor circuit wires or connectors may be faulty.
- Possibly, the right front airbag sensor circuit has damage to the electrical connections.
- The Front Airbag Sensor Right may be broken.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1613
To troubleshoot the B1613 OBDII diagnostic code, you can do this:
- First, consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the Front Airbag Sensor Right circuit wiring for common damage. If you discover corrosion or burns, make the appropriate repairs.
- Measure the voltages in the right front airbag sensor circuit to verify that they are within acceptable ranges for proper operation. If you detect a poor voltage, check it is not due to damaged connections. Fix as required.
- Check the good condition of the right front airbag sensor. For this, it is necessary to carry out the diagnosis recommended by the manufacturer. If the damage is detected, make the appropriate corrections.