B1610 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1610 Code failures by brands
B1610 LEXUS, SCION, TOYOTA: RIGHT FRONT RIGHT AIRBAG SENSOR MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code B1610
The Right Front Airbag Sensor is made up of parts including the diagnostic circuitry and a Front Deceleration Sensor. When the center airbag sensor assembly is provided with front deceleration signals, the same assembly determines whether or not SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) activation is required.
DTC B1610 OBD2 for Lexus, Scion, and Toyota cars is related to the Front Right Airbag Sensor and is set when a malfunction is detected by it.
Symptoms of fault code B1610
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- The airbag warning lamp is on.
Causes of OBD2 B1610
B1610 OBDII diagnostic code is stored for the following reasons:
- There may be damage to the Front Right Airbag Sensor
- Poor connections in the Front Airbag Sensor Right circuit could cause the malfunction.
- The Front Right Airbag Sensor or the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1610
The corresponding steps to troubleshoot the B1610 OBD2 fault code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check that there are no deficiencies in the front right airbag sensor wires such as corrosion or wear. If any of these conditions are found, make the appropriate repairs.
- Take readings of the Front Airbag Sensor Right circuit voltages and compare these values to the manufacturer's specifications. If these tests detect out-of-range voltages, verify that they are not due to bad connections. Repair it as applicable.
- Following the manufacturer's guidelines, determine the integrity of the right front airbag sensor. If after these tests you detect damage to the sensor, consider a replacement.