B1608 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1608 Code failures by brands
B1608 TOYOTA, LEXUS, SCION: LEFT FRONT SATELLITE SENSOR BUS INITIALIZATION INCOMPLETE
Description of DTC code B1608
The Left Front Airbag Sensor assembly is made up of parts including the sensing circuitry and the Front Deceleration Sensor. As the Center Airbag Sensor assembly gets signals from the Front Deceleration Sensor, it makes a determination as to whether or not the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) must be enabled.
B1608 OBDII fault code is set when a malfunction is detected in the Left Front Airbag Sensor circuit.
Symptoms of fault code B1608
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- The airbag malfunction warning light illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B1608
The reasons for the B1608 OBD2 diagnostic code being set are:
- Left Front Airbag Sensor wiring may have been damaged.
- Left Front Airbag Sensor circuit connections may be in poor condition.
- The Left Front Airbag Sensor may be defective.
- The Center Airbag Sensor assembly may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1608
To troubleshoot the DTC B1608 OBDII code you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the wiring of the left front airbag sensor for wear and tear or burnt wiring. If any of these conditions are found, make repairs or replacements.
- Measure the Left Front Airbag Sensor circuit voltages and check to see if these values match those indicated by the manufacturer on the vehicle's data source. If you detect voltages out of range, proceed with the appropriate corrections.
- Verify the good condition of the Left Front Airbag Sensor and the Center Airbag Sensor, taking into account the guidelines given by the manufacturer. If you determine that there is damage to one of these, make the appropriate adjustments.