B1424 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1424 Code failures by brands
B1424 SCION, LEXUS, TOYOTA: DRIVER'S SIDE SOLAR SENSOR CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code B1424
The Solar Sensor is located above the instrument panel and has the function of detecting sunlight levels and also controls the Air Conditioning system when the system is in AUTO. The Solar Sensor has a variable output voltage which depends on the amount of sunlight. The higher the light level, the higher the output voltage, and the lower the light level, the lower the output voltage. All these changes in voltage are detected by the A/C amplifier
When the DTC B1424 OBD2 code is stored on Scion, Lexus, or Toyota vehicles, it is due to the detection of a malfunction in the driver's side circuit of the Solar Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code B1424
- Check Engine light illumination.
Causes of OBD2 B1424
B1424 OBDII fault code is set by the following:
- Bad Solar Sensor wires or connectors may be present.
- The Solar Sensor circuit connections may have deficiencies that cause the malfunction.
- The Solar Sensor may be defective.
- The A/C amplifier could have deficiencies.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1424
In order to troubleshoot the B1424 OBD2 diagnostic code, consider the following:
- As a first step consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check all the wiring related to the Solar Sensor in order to verify that there are no common damages. If you discover burns or wear, proceed with the respective adjustments.
- Use a voltage meter to verify if the Solar Sensor circuit voltages are within acceptable parameters for proper operation. If large differences are found between the actual voltages and the specified voltages, make the appropriate repairs.
- Check the condition of the Solar Sensor and the A/C amplifier. For this diagnosis, you must take into account the steps indicated by the manufacturer and if you determine that there is damage on the part of one of the components, make the appropriate corrections.