B1423 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1423 Code failures by brands
B1423 TOYOTA, LEXUS, SCION: PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code B1423
The Air conditioner pressure sensor is located in the high-pressure side pipe. It detects the refrigerant pressure and then sends signals indicating the pressure to the amplifier of the air conditioner system. The amplifier can determine the pressure of the signals with the information received by the amplifier, considering the characteristics of the sensor. As a result, it can control the compressor.
The OBDII fault code B1423 is stored when the A/C refrigerant pressure is excessively out of the allowable range.
Symptoms of fault code B1423
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Unstable air conditioning operation.
Causes of OBD2 B1423
The B1423 OBD2 diagnostic code is set for the following reasons:
- The Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor wires or connectors may be in poor condition.
- The Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor may be faulty.
- The air conditioner amplifier may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1423
To troubleshoot DTC B1423 OBDII, try this:
- First, consult the Service Bulletins.
- Check if additional DTCs to B1423 are stored, pay attention to those related to the air conditioning. If so, they should be diagnosed in the order shown on the scanner.
- Inspect the Air Conditioner Pressure Sensor wiring for any common deficiencies caused by corrosion or burns. Also, check connections for damage or poor connections. Repair as required.
- Taking into account the manufacturer's recommendations, check the condition of the Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor and the Air Conditioning Amplifier. If after such tests you determine that there is damage to one of these components, make the appropriate corrections.