B1375 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code B1375 Generic
The oil change light is used on all cars to warn the driver that it is the most opportune time to change the oil. On certain models, this light may also illuminate when the oil level is not what is necessary for proper engine operation, although on newer models there are separate lights that indicate such situations. Regardless of the case, this light is an extremely important factor, taking into account that, if the necessary attention is not paid to it, the life of the engine could be at stake.
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) continuously monitors the operation of the oil change lamp. If it does not meet factory specifications due to an open circuit, the B1375 OBDII fault code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code B1375 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B1375 Generic
B1375 OBD2 diagnostic code is set by the following:
- Oil change lamp circuit wires may have been damaged.
- Oil change lamp circuit connections may have deficiencies causing an open circuit.
- The oil change lamp may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1375 Generic
To troubleshoot the DTC B1375 OBDII code you must do the following:
- Consult the TSBs as a first step.
- Inspect all the wires of the oil change lamp circuit. Check these components for common damage caused by wear or corrosion. Repair as required.
- Using appropriate tools perform electrical tests on the oil change lamp circuit. Compare actual voltages with specified voltages and if large differences are found, check for poor or faulty connections. Correct as applicable.
- Check the condition of the oil change lamp. Perform appropriate tests and if the damage is found, consider a replacement.