B1212 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code B1212 Generic
The RCM (Restraints Control Module) monitors the resistance of the deployment loop to check for possible malfunctions. The PID shows a value which is the result of the deployment loop resistance. The RCM measures this value. If this value increases or decreases, it indicates a malfunction. Conditions produced by road vibrations or harness movement cause small resistance changes, which produces intermittent failures. It is something that should be considered when performing diagnostics or repairs.
The B1212 OBDII diagnostic code is stored by the RCM when the driver’s seat belt pretensioner does not meet factory specifications.
Symptoms of fault code B1212 Generic
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Airbag light illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B1212 Generic
DTC B1212 OBD2 is set by the following reasons:
- The Driver's seat belt pretensioner circuit wires or connectors may be faulty.
- The driver's seat belt pretensioner circuit connections may be in poor condition, which causes the malfunction.
- The driver's seat belt buckle pretensioner may be faulty.
- Possibly the restraint control module is damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1212 Generic
To troubleshoot the B1212 OBDII fault code, try this:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Check the wiring and connectors of the driver's seat belt pretensioner circuit for corrosion or wear damage. If you detect any of these deficiencies, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Use the appropriate tools and perform electrical checks on the driver's seat belt pretensioner Compare the actual voltages with the specified voltages and if inconsistencies are discovered, make the appropriate repairs.
- Verify the good condition of the driver's seat belt buckle pretensioner. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for this diagnosis and if any damage is detected, consider replacing it.