B1200 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1200 Code failures by brands
B1200 INFINITI, NISSAN: LEFT SIDE FRONT CURTAIN AIR BAG MODULE GROUND SHORT
Description of DTC code B1200
The Airbag is an automotive safety system. It is activated when collisions occur and, employing inflatable bags, cushions the impact that the occupants may suffer against the instrument panel, windshield, steering wheel, or windows. The Airbag has a controller whose function is to check the good performance of all the devices or sensors related to this system.
The Airbag Control Module, also known as the Airbag Sensor Unit, continuously monitors the left side front curtain airbag module circuit. If this circuit experiences conditions that result in a short circuit, the fault code B1200 OBD2 will be set.
Symptoms of fault code B1200
- Check Engine light on.
- The airbag warning lamp is on.
Causes of OBD2 B1200
The B1200 OBDII diagnostic code is set by the following:
- There may be damage to the left side Front Curtain Airbag Module circuit wiring or connectors.
- The Left Side Front Curtain Airbag Module circuit electrical connections are faulty causing the short.
- The Left Side Front Curtain Airbag Module may be defective.
- Airbag Control Module may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1200
To troubleshoot DTC B1200 OBD2 you must do the following:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check the Left Side Front Curtain Airbag Module circuit wiring for typical damage. Look for corrosion or wear deficiencies and make repairs as required.
- Check the integrity of the Left Side Front Curtain Airbag Module circuit connections. If obvious short-circuit deficiencies are detected in the connections, proceed with the applicable corrections.
- Following the manufacturer's recommended diagnostic steps, check the condition of the Airbag Control Module. Before repairing or replacing the airbag control module, you should perform specific tests with the help of professionals.