B1051 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1051 Code failures by brands
B1051 NISSAN, INFINITI: DRIVER AIR BAG MODULE SHORT
Description of DTC code B1051
The Air Bag Module is double capped and connects to the Air Bag Diagnostic Sensor Unit, using the coiled cable. The unit is responsible for checking for open and shorted circuits on the lines detected in the Driver Air Bag Module, including the coiled cable.
If a frontal collision occurs in which the permissible acceleration limit is exceeded, the ignition materials are ignited from the ignition system, which is responsible for introducing the reaction of the materials that generate hot gases that pass into the airbag from a filter and expand the bag.
When the DTC B1051 OBD2 code is stored, it indicates that a short to the ground was detected in the circuit of the Driver Airbag Module.
Symptoms of fault code B1051
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- The airbag trouble light illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B1051
B1051 OBD2 fault code is stored by the following:
- Driver's Airbag wiring may have deficiencies.
- The spiral cable may have been damaged.
- The driver's airbag could be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1051
To troubleshoot the B1051 OBDII diagnostic code consider the following:
- Consult the TSB.
- Check the wiring related to the driver's airbag and verify that there are no deficiencies that interfere with its correct operation. If you detect common damage, proceed with the necessary corrections.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for diagnosing the spiral cable and Driver's Airbag Module. Repair it as required.