B1015 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code B1015 Generic
Seat belts are extremely important factors considering their use in safety systems. The function of the seat belt is to significantly reduce the possibility of the driver or occupants being thrown out of the vehicle after a vehicle impact. The belts are equipped with pretensioners, devices that prevent the belt from lengthening in the event of frontal crashes, resulting in the seat occupant being supported. The RCM (Restraints Control Module) constantly tests the pretensioners to check their performance.
When the B1015 OBDII diagnostic code is stored, it means that the RCM detected that the passenger seat belt pretensioner circuit is open, and this situation is interpreted as a malfunction.
Symptoms of fault code B1015 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- The airbag warning indicator is lit.
Causes of OBD2 B1015 Generic
B1015 OBD2 fault code is set by the following:
- Seat belt passenger pretensioner circuit wiring may have been damaged.
- The seat belt passenger pretensioner circuit may have bad connections resulting in an open circuit.
- Possibly the seat belt passenger pretensioner is in poor condition.
- The RCM may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1015 Generic
The steps to follow to correct the DTC B1015 OBDII code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the wiring related to the seat belt passenger pretensioner circuit and verify that they are not deficient. If conditions caused by corrosion or wear are found, make appropriate repairs.
- Using appropriate tools, check that the seat belt passenger pretensioner circuit voltages match those specified by the manufacturer in the service manual. As the B1015 code indicates the circuit is open, so check the connections for good condition. Repair it as necessary.
- Check the condition of the passenger seat belt pretensioner. Follow the manufacturer's guidelines for this diagnosis and adjust accordingly.