B1001 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B1001 Code failures by brands
B1001 BUICK, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC, PONTIAC, SATURN: SDM OPTION CONFIGURATION ERROR.
Description of DTC code B1001
The SDM (Inflatable Restraint Detection and Diagnostic Module) has a 4-digit number key. When the ignition switch is activated, the SDM compares this information with that saved in the BCM (Body Control Module). It carries out this action through a serial data communication circuit.
If this primary data which is in the SDM is not equivalent to the code stored in the BCM, the diagnostic code B1001 OBDII will be set.
Symptoms of fault code B1001
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Airbag warning light illuminated.
- Disabled Implementations.
Causes of OBD2 B1001
Reasons to set the B1001 OBD2 fault code :
- There may be bad cables or connectors related to the SDM.
- The SDM installed in the vehicle may be incorrect.
- Possibly the BCM or SDM were replaced without proper BCM reprogramming.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B1001
To troubleshoot DTC B1001 OBDII, try this:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check all the cables that relate to the Inflatable Restraint Detection and Diagnostic Module. Look for wear or corrosion damage and make repairs as necessary.
- Measure the SDM circuit voltages and compare them to those given in the manufacturer's specifications. If you detect any inconsistencies with the actual voltages, make the necessary repairs.
- Make a power-up cycle after setting the SDM primary on the BCM. In this way, the BCM can read the new SDM primary key value. This allows BCM to read the new SDM primary key value. Then, with a scanner, check that the SDM Primary Key Status is valid in the BCM. If the Primary Key Status is not valid, configure it in the BCM. In his case, it is necessary to go to an advanced service center.