B0001 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
B0001 Code failures by brands
B0001 FORD, MERCURY, LINCOLN: DRIVER FRONTAL STAGE 1 DEPLOYMENT CONTROL
Description of DTC code B0001
The RCM (Restraints Control Module) frequently monitors the various deployable devices or components and the sensor circuits for signal crossover (short circuit) between the circuits. If a short is found, a fault code is stored, indicating the problem of the signal crossover.
When the DTC B0001 OBDII code is set, it means that the RCM has detected an electrical malfunction in the driver's front display control stage 1 circuit and the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) component circuits.
Symptoms of fault code B0001
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- ABS warning lamp illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 B0001
Reasons for setting the B0001 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The driver's side airbag wiring or connections may be in poor condition.
- The driver's side airbag may be faulty.
- The clock spring may be defective.
- Possibly there are faults in the restraint control module.
Possible solutions of the DTC code B0001
To solve the B0001 OBD2 fault code, consider this:
- First, please consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check if other DTCs are stored with the code B0001 that indicate specific problems with an Airbag Diagnose the codes in the order they are displayed.
- Check all the wiring in the driver's side airbag Check these for deficiencies due to wear or burns. Fix if necessary.